Levenhuk 320 PLUS and N38 Slide Kit
The microscope features achromatic optics that deliver a sharp and detailed image. With the included eyepieces, the microscope creates a flat and wide field of view for observing objects. The monocular microscope head is 360° rotatable. The 320 Plus also features a 40–1600x magnification range. A 100x objective allows for using oil immersion method, and a bottle of immersion oil is included in the kit.
Specimens are fixed onto a mechanical stage. A mechanical scale is used for the precise positioning of specimens under an objective. A coaxial mechanism of coarse and fine adjustment is used for sharpness adjustment.
Illumination is performed via an adjustable LED light and can be further adjusted through an Abbe condenser and iris diaphragm.
The kit includes light filters that enhance contrast and sharpness of an observed image. The illumination is powered by an AC supply as well as by rechargeable batteries (included in the kit).
- Rotatable monocular head
- Magnification: 40–1600x
- Achromatic wide-angle optics
- 0.75W LED illumination with brightness adjustment
- Powered by an AC supply or rechargeable batteries
- Battery charge time is about 10 hour
- 360 degree rotatable head
- 1.25 ABBE Condenser with Iris Diaphragm
The kit includes:
- Achromatic objective lenses: 4x, 10x, 40x and 100x (oil immersion)
- Wide-angle eyepieces with a pointer: WF10x and WF16x
- Filters: blue, green, yellow
- Bottle of immersion oil
- AC adapter
- Rechargeable AA batteries (3 pcs.)
- Dust cover
- User manual and lifetime warranty
Before being examined, samples of any plant or material must undergo a diligent preparation: a very thin slice of the material should be placed on a glass slide and covered with a cover slip. The Levenhuk N-series prepared slide set, saves you trouble of preparing your own slides and lets you get right to studying!
The set also contains a number of blank slides and cover slips, allowing you to prepare your own microscope slides. Blank slides and cover slips are made of highly transparent glass and provide the most comfortable observations, with no glare or distortion. Prepared slides, blank slides and cover slips can be used with any microscope model.
Area of use: Botany and Zoology, Biology and Physiology
The Levenhuk N38 includes the following prepared slides:
- Onion peel
- Wheat weevil
- Root cap
- Lime twig
- Ovary (plant)
- Geranium leaf epidermis
- Bee limb
- Bee wing
- Paramecium caudatum
- Mosquito mouthparts
- Striated muscle
- Mammalian sperm cells
- Nerve (transverse section)
- Loose connective tissue
- Mammalian oocyte
- Nerve cells
- Hyaline cartilage
- Smooth muscle
- Frog blood
- Human blood
- A single-layer epithelium
- Mutation in Drosophila (wingless form)
- Mutation in Drosophila (black body)
- Drosophila regular
- Animal cell
- Plant cell
- Fragmentation of the egg
- Mitosis in the onion root
Also included in the kit: 24 blank slides and 40 cover slips.